Transforming something old into something new is a wonderful idea more people should consider. “Upcycling” not only saves on waste, but you can end up creating some really amazing things. David Irvine started The Gnarled Branch back in 2004. He brought home na discarded wooden table and gave it new life. He refurbished it and added a new artistic twist. Though he frequently uses furniture as his canvas, Irvine has also tried his hand at updating old paintings he found at thrift shops. By adding original creatures (some goofy, some menacing) and beloved characters from pop culture to unwanted paintings, Irvine revitalizes the pieces and makes you wish you had them hanging on your walls. I know I’d buy any of these revamped works of art.
1. Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters
2. Blue Monster Resting
3. Blue Monster Hiding Behind a Farm House
4. Pink Monsters Returning From a Fishing Trip
5. Skeletor from Masters of the Universe and Jesus from The Holy Bible.
6. Octopus Playing with Puppets
8. Slimer from Ghostbusters
9. A Storm Trooper from Star Wars
10. Witches Playing Cards
11. Snacks from Lets All Go To The Lobby.
12. Steve Zissou from The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
13. Green Monster Driving A Hot Rod
14. Pink Monster Feeling Lost
15. Batman from Batman
(via TwistedSifter) So good! We gotta get this guy to The Louvre. (That Mona Lisa could really use some livening up.) Share this post (and his awesome artwork) by using the button below.